- 5 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- 7 full bathrooms in house
- Gourmet kitchen with world-class chef — some of the best cooking in Kenya!
PLENTY OF EXTRA SPACE
- Solar House – A hilltop bedroom suite, which doubles as our energy supply and backup! 62 solar panels on the roof power a large part of the air conditioning HVAC system, and we have a silent 27 generator for backup to the grid.
- The Property – Approximately 2.5 acres in total, including the highest point of any house on Lamu Island and all the way down to the water, including 80 feet of private beach.
We have three boats in our bevy, fit for a variety of activities:
- An 18-foot Quicksilver Mariner 555 Speedboat seats 7-8 people. This is available for day trips to neighboring Kipughani and Manda Toto and to Kiniku for coral reef snorkeling!
- A Kiwayu Speedboat is equipped for waterskiing.
- A 27-foot Mozambique dhow (sailing Swahili boat) is perfect for midnight moon sailing.
HUGE HOST OF AMENITIES
- 100 foot pool
- Media Room – Includes High Definition projector for movies and TV viewing, all-region DVD player, BluRay player, Apple TV system (which includes downloads of most of the current popular TV series and some movies).
- Internet – High broadband internet distribution throughout. All bedrooms have access to WiFi. The broadband is 500k megabits/sec provided by VSAT, and works very well with audio and video Skype. We are happy to provide iPads for internet use, reading, etc.
- Two deep wells on the property pump 800 liters/day through reverse osmosis and ultraviolet filtration systems. This supplies the entire house with pristine water – including all taps – including the kitchen, down to the ice cubes – bathrooms, etc. We also have solar thermal hot water systems throughout.
Staff of 12 every day of the year:
- House manager – Jackson Karema
- 4 Askari on duty 24/7 – available to run errands and travel on day trips
- 2 cooks
- Sailing captain and mate
- Speedboat captain
- Travel coordinator
- Nairobi driver – Michael Kabuka